This is an intensive 15 day program starting April 23rd and finishing May 7th specifically geared towards showcasing at Canadian Music Week 2015 in Toronto, Ontario. It is delivered in program format through daily emails and a private Facebook group for discussion. Topics of coverage are given to you in advance. You can opt-in for the course or you can Go Pro with the course plus the ECMA Contact List.
It will help you:
- Organize your social media sites before you showcase
- Get your showcase tools in place
- Reach out to the right people
- Get organized before the event
- Make the most of your time at CMW 2015
- Get people to pay attention to your performance
This course will start you on the path of a meaningful dialogue with key industry players, put your best foot forward and allow you to get respected as someone who is serious about their career.
2015 Preparation Course for Canadian Music Week is an e-course delivered directly to your inbox every morning.
Each principle and concept is designed to prepare you for specifically for your upcoming CMW performance.
What topics are covered?
- Getting your audio ready – CDs, USBs and meta tagging
- The Bio – Short and long + One-pagers / EPKs
- Social sites – What ones are important? Updating your profiles
- Funding options
- Handouts at the performance and getting creative with email signup lists and download codes
- No money & can’t design?
- Setting your goals
- Pre-scheduled meetings and how to get a “yes”
- Do digital ads make a difference (Twitter, Facebook, Google)?
- Posting – 5 W’s + 80/20
- Email, Texting, FB Messenger, Skype, LinkedIn – Your message and your audience
- Songs, sets & practice
- Showcase details, performance etiquette and confirm, confirm, confirm
- Travel essentials for a conference
- Follow-up is key
You only have one shot this year to meet, showcase and make that ever-so-important connection with Canadian buyers, International delegates, media and your peers. And there is tons of competition for their time. Our goal at Mission Control is to help you make that personal connection with your target delegates before, during and after and have the tools ready to take advantage of all the opportunities that come your way.
30 Days To Get Your CMW Performance Noticed
Begins April 23rd
Make a difference this year
Get on track, organized and prepared.
You only get one shot at a first impression