New Brunswick Arts Accelerator CATAPULT is now open for applications! http://buff.ly/2tHiaJK
I highly recommend that arts professionals take a moment to check out this great program and decide if it fits their long term goals. The deadline to apply is August 25, so you still have some wiggle room, but don’t take too long! As with any application, the best thing you can do is start early, write, revise and then revise some more : )
The Catapult program is great because it helps artists that are straddling the world of entrepreneurs to give them the tools and skills to bring their work to market. It helps build networking opportunities and is specialized to the arts field. It also has a focus on local, so that is a real bonus!
A bit about the program …
CATAPULT 2.0 WILL HELP YOU
• Articulate your career and business-related goals
• Find strategic ways to balance creative integrity and commercial viability
• Become familiar with business basics, like business modeling, marketing, branding, pricing and financial planning
• Adopt the skills necessary for long-term success, like time management, outsourcing, and augmenting your capacity to monetize your work and/or time
• Learn about accessing export markets through online sales platforms
• Individual artists/cultural works, as well as groups or collectives
• ArtsLink NB membership (if not already a member, enroll online at: artslinknb.com)
• 8 weekly sessions of 1.5 days each (on weekends only)
• Structured ‘bootcamps’ on key topics during weekly sessions
• Guest speakers are drawn from both the business and arts community
• Mentor-matching (24 hours offered over 12 months, arranged by ArtsLink NB)
• Regular one-on-one meetings with Accelerator Coordinator
And above all …it’s free!
If you have questions, I highly recommend you reach out directly to them Program officers are in place to help you make the best application you can. Contact Sarah Jones, CATAPULT Arts Accelerator Coordinator: email@example.com or call (506) 608-3008.
And best of luck to you!